International Owl Coloring Contest
To enter the contest, draw, color, or paint a picture of an owl of any kind and mail it to the International Owl Center (Sorry, emailed entries are not allowed.) All entries will be used to decorate the storefronts in Houston during the International Festival of Owls.
- On the front of the picture write: Name, Age, City, State/Country (this information is required on the FRONT of the image so everyone can clearly see who created it.)
- On a separate piece of paper TYPE: First and last name, Address, City, State, Postal code, Country, Age, Email address (this is required so we can provide an email confirmation that we have received the entry and mail certificates and awards to winners)
- Entries that are not properly labeled will be disqualified.
- There is no age limit as long as name and age are included on the front of the picture
- Entries must be received by February 1, 2016 (entries must be mailed; no email entries accepted.)
- Limit one entry per person
- Use enough postage, as "postage due" entries will be refused.
- All properly labeled entries are placed into a drawing for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes. A prize is also given for the entry from the farthest away. Prizes are typically owl books or art projects.
- All entries become the property of the International Owl Center and cannot be returned due to the volume of entries received.
- Results will be posted on our public Facebook page by mid February.
Entries should be mailed through the postal service to:
International Festival of Owls
P O Box 536
Houston, MN 55943
Entries mailed through DHL, UPS, and FedEx should be mailed to:
International Owl Center
126 E Cedar St
Houston, MN 55943
Kids Activities at the Festival
Kids will enjoy getting their faces painted like an owl, making a variety of owl crafts, or trying out some owl activities.
Saturday March 5, 2016 from 10:30 – 2:30
Sunday, March 6, 2016 from 11:00 - 2:00
Houston High School
Admission sticker is required. Additional fees for face painting.