International Owl ART Contest
Due to the amazing entries received in the past few years, our contest is changing from a coloring contest to an OWL ART CONTEST.
- Entries must be the original art of the child entering the contest, with no help from adults. We no longer accept printed owls that are just colored.
- Entries must be an image of an owl.
- Children up to age 18 may enter. (We no longer accept adult entries.)
- Print out this form and tape the small label to the bottom right corner of the front of the image, and tape the larger form to the back of the image. PLEASE PRINT NEATLY or type the information.
- Entries that are not properly labeled will be disqualified.
- Entries must be received by January 15, 2017. (Entries must be mailed; no email entries accepted.) Please allow adequate time for delivery, which can take as many as 3-4 weeks from some countries.
- Limit one entry per person
- Use enough postage, as "postage due" entries will not be accepted.
- PRIZES: All properly labeled entries will be judged by area artists. 1st, 2nd and 3rd winners in each category will receive a mailed certificate. First prize winners in each catergory will receive a cash prize (paid through PayPal) as follows: 0-5 years: $20 USD; 6-9 years - $30 USD; 10-14 years - $40 USD; 15-18 years - $50 USD.
- All entries become the property of the International Owl Center and cannot be returned due to the volume of entries received. They will be used to decorate the storefronts in Houston during the International Festival of Owls the first weekend in March, and may be sold or auctioned to raise funds to support the International Owl Center. Some will be kept for temporary or permanent display at the Owl Center.
- Results will be posted on our public Facebook page in February or March.
Entries should be mailed through the postal service to:
International Festival of Owls
P O Box 536
Houston, MN 55943
Entries mailed through DHL, UPS, and FedEx should be mailed to:
International Owl Center
126 E Cedar St
Houston, MN 55943
Kids Activities at the Festival
Kids will enjoy getting their faces painted like an owl, making a variety of owl crafts, or trying out some owl activities.
Saturday March 5, 2016 from 10:30 – 2:30
Sunday, March 6, 2016 from 11:00 - 2:00
Houston High School
Admission sticker is required. Additional fees for face painting.