International Owl Coloring Contest
All you have to do is color or draw a picture of an owl of any kind and mail it to us! You can print off a picture from the internet find one in a coloring book to color, or you can draw your own picture. All entries will be used to decorate the businesses throughout Houston during the Owl Festival.
- One picture per child
- Include on front of picture: Name, age, city, state/country
- One a separate piece of paper, TYPE the following information: first and last name, address, city, state, postal code, country, age, email address
- There is no age limit for the coloring contest--as long as the artist will put their name and age on the front of the picture it will be included.
- All entries become the property of the Houston Nature Center and cannot be returned due to the volume of entries received.
- The entry from the farthest away will receive a Gold Foil Engraving Art Kit.
- All pictures are entered into a drawing for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place prizes, which are owl-related books plus a free admission button to the Festival.
- Entries must be received by February 1, 2014.
- Be sure to use enough postage, as "postage due" entries will be refused.
- Results will be posted on our public Facebook page
Entries should be mailed to:
International Festival of Owls
P O Box 731
Houston, MN 55943
Cub Scout Program
Jen Lilla from Trempealau National Wildlife Refuge will lead scouts through a hands-on, owl-themed program designed to meet the requirements for the Wildlife Conservation belt loop (which features an owl.) The program is limited to the first 25 scouts registered (sorry, no siblings allowed to register.) Program cost includes an admission button to the Festival of Owls, all materials, and reserved seating for the 12:30 PM live owl program. Wildlife Conservation belt loops not included.
Sunday, March 9, 2014 from 10:30 - 11:30 AM at the Houston Community Center (downstairs).
Scout leaders should register the whole troop, and are responsible for getting and distributing Owl Festival admission buttons before the Festival.
Other Kids Activities:
When you get your face painted at the Festival of Owls, you don't just get an owl painted on your cheek--you turn into an owl!
Even adults can get their faces painted. Additional fees apply.
For the more crafty, we have a variety of owl crafts available for you to make and do.
Saturday March 8, 2014 from 10:30 – 2:30
Sunday, March 9, 2014 from 10:00
Houston Community Center (upstairs)
Admission button is required. Additional fees for face painting.